0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Default Lost my Phone! Need advice on protecting information

I had my phone stolen a few days ago and it contains some very compromising photos and text messages on it.

I have cancelled the service, but know that the person can still access the personal information.

Does anyone have advice on how to protect or even erase the information on my mobile phone.

Any tips, advice or ways would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Administrator
    28,203 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Confirmed Android Artist Android Contributor Java Contributor Confirmed Symbian Artist Confirmed Theme Artist Confirmed Wallpaper Artist Ringtone Contributor Video Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Liked (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Depending on your network provider - some network providers can send a signal over the air to erase information on the lost or stolen mobile phone.

You would be better off contacting your provider because they are the only ones that can help in this situation.

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hey karl

This looks very promising =) Do you know what network provider provides this type of services and what is it call? Do you know where I can find such info?

Thanks...

Administrator
    28,203 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Confirmed Android Artist Android Contributor Java Contributor Confirmed Symbian Artist Confirmed Theme Artist Confirmed Wallpaper Artist Ringtone Contributor Video Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Liked (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

I read somewhere that sprint implemented this service into their own handsets. I'm not sure what other carriers have this service. It would be better if you asked your own service provider if they have this option.

This article maybe helpful to you... Remote Data Deletion (Scroll to the bottom)

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Great! Thanks for the Info. Will contact providers to see if they offer any of this type of solution =)