Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opera mini 4 downloads .EXT files instead of .jar ones

Whenever i download anything from the public gallery it just gives me a .ext file. I tried renaming it using mobyexplorer but it did'nt work. Can anyone help me?

2. Default

tell me your phone model.

by the way... Opera Mini cant do file download, it just retrieve url from it to your phone's enabled downloader.
    Last edited by inferno-was-here; 04-10-2008 at 06:37 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Godgamer91 Log in to see links
    Whenever i download anything from the public gallery it just gives me a .ext file. I tried renaming it using mobyexplorer but it did'nt work. Can anyone help me?
    Try downloading it with a different browser.

Also If Windows is unable to open EXT files you may not have the appropriate program installed or may have a registry related error.

The .EXT extension identifies files used by Norton Commander, a text based file management utility for DOS.. Incorrect associations are the cause of many file extension errors.
    Last edited by amaway; 04-10-2008 at 06:42 AM.

4. Default

When you download something with Opera Mini 4 usually appears a message blabla.xyz.Use open instead of save and then should work.

5. Default

Use opera 4.1 now available for with download options.Try it.

My phone model is 6233 . Whenever i download jar or jad files it dosen't show me the save option. It always shows just one "open" option and then it downloads a .ext file. However, this dosen't happen when i download files using the wap site by 'download by id' option. But i cant download things from the forums or any other non wap sites. If anyone has an s40v3 phone, can u plz try it out urself. Oh yeah, i m using opera mini 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by amaway Log in to see links
    Try downloading it with a different browser.

Also If Windows is unable to open EXT files you may not have the appropriate program installed or may have a registry related error.

The .EXT extension identifies files used by Norton Commander, a text based file management utility for DOS.. Incorrect associations are the cause of many file extension errors.
    i m not using 'opera' on the pc man. I m using 'opera mini 4.1' on the phone. If i'd been on my pc, i'd have renamed .ext to .jar anyway. So do u know how to get over this...

So uh...is anyone gonna help?

9. Default

So uh...is anyone gonna help?
    I already answered you!Look upper in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Log in to see links
    I already answered you!Look upper in this thread.
    only the 'open' option comes whenever i download any jar or jad files