Page 3760 of 3895 FirstFirst ... 2760326036603710375037583759376037613762377038103860 ... LastLast
Results 37,591 to 37,600 of 38949
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpaghetti Log in to see links
    Okay here's 'my' essay...

Problems old people face in society
    A person is generally considered “old” over the age of 65, this is also the time when most people decide or are encouraged to retire. This is a massive stage and is regarded with the same apprehension if not more than any other in life.

although many people look forward to retirement others find it a daunting prospect, throughout ones life we are taught to learn, teach and progress we are structured by our families, our education and our careers, it is not surprising that after all this “structure” retirement seems scary or perhaps even the time when a life begins to “end”

Some old people feel alienated in modern culture. Perhaps it is because after retirement it is harder to socialize with people. Perhaps it is that they feel worthless. perhaps they feel as though they have nothing to offer into society perhaps they do not feel the need to act with as much optimism as their younger selves. But perhaps we as the younger generation make older people feel excluded. Perhaps the people who were once so important, who were once the crux of society, who raised us, who supported us, perhaps they have been deserted… by us.

Is it fair, that people lower their expectations on life as they feel it is necessary to fit into the stereotypes we make! Of course there are aspects of age we can not deny, for instance deteriating health or mental and physical ability. But do we help
    By giving people labels? By using derogatory terms like “O.A.P”? do we provide old people with the help they need to overcome thease issues? No, we provide them with un-satisfactory care homes, un-trained staff and meagre pensions.

We must not put people in boxes, however old they are – not all people over the ages of 65 become ignorant, not all smell, nor do they wish to become lonely, personally I believe it is a disgrace that we allow once perfectly or otherwise able people to give up on life… I believe it is our duty to keep these people stimulated and happy, a duty I am well aware is not being fulfilled.

how dare we deny people basic rights? How dare we ridicule them for not being clean, and then not offer them the help to combat this problem? It is outrageous that we make people feel un-worthy after life-long contributions to the “cause” – maybe it shows that this cause has great floors.

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

Just diverting my mind...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystyk27 Log in to see links
    Pure literary genius.

4. Default

Pure literary genius.

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

5. Default

Okay here's 'my' essay...

Problems old people face in society
    A person is generally considered “old” over the age of 65, this is also the time when most people decide or are encouraged to retire. This is a massive stage and is regarded with the same apprehension if not more than any other in life.

although many people look forward to retirement others find it a daunting prospect, throughout ones life we are taught to learn, teach and progress we are structured by our families, our education and our careers, it is not surprising that after all this “structure” retirement seems scary or perhaps even the time when a life begins to “end”

Some old people feel alienated in modern culture. Perhaps it is because after retirement it is harder to socialize with people. Perhaps it is that they feel worthless. perhaps they feel as though they have nothing to offer into society perhaps they do not feel the need to act with as much optimism as their younger selves. But perhaps we as the younger generation make older people feel excluded. Perhaps the people who were once so important, who were once the crux of society, who raised us, who supported us, perhaps they have been deserted… by us.

Is it fair, that people lower their expectations on life as they feel it is necessary to fit into the stereotypes we make! Of course there are aspects of age we can not deny, for instance deteriating health or mental and physical ability. But do we help
    By giving people labels? By using derogatory terms like “O.A.P”? do we provide old people with the help they need to overcome thease issues? No, we provide them with un-satisfactory care homes, un-trained staff and meagre pensions.

We must not put people in boxes, however old they are – not all people over the ages of 65 become ignorant, not all smell, nor do they wish to become lonely, personally I believe it is a disgrace that we allow once perfectly or otherwise able people to give up on life… I believe it is our duty to keep these people stimulated and happy, a duty I am well aware is not being fulfilled.

how dare we deny people basic rights? How dare we ridicule them for not being clean, and then not offer them the help to combat this problem? It is outrageous that we make people feel un-worthy after life-long contributions to the “cause” – maybe it shows that this cause has great floors.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystyk27 Log in to see links
    I'm gonna request this book...

Hope I get it...
    I call dibs on writing names in it first.

Setting up my new laptop.

So much work...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian Log in to see links
    Setting up my new laptop.

So much work...
    What one?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Log in to see links
    What one?
    This one:

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian Log in to see links
    Wow, snazzy!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Log in to see links
    Wow, snazzy!
    Can't wait to mess properly with it.

My previous laptop decided to completely give up.