Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. Default

So, my "Fl1ight 0f the Nav1g8tr" theme didn't make it???? Darn!

2. Default

That was you????!!?!?!?

3. Thumbs up key for dictionary of computer abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Log in to see links
    Please use this thread to post all questions and discussion related to our gallery upload guidelines (thanks to Kevin for suggesting this).
    hiiiiiiiiiiiiii......
    pls somebody provide the key for dictionary of computer abbreviation.

and also the bluetooth hacker in ENGLISH....

some tell me which map will be more suitable for nokia 6233...

thnks for such a gud work.....

4. Default

Wrong thread and section,

You might want to try here.

5. Angry upload graphics size

I would like to upload wallpapers for the LG phones with a 240X400 resolution but there is no option to do so. Could this be added?

Thanks

It might be a stupid question , but I'll rather ask to be sure:

-Java game related - some java games for Nokia are obviously made in many Sx0Vx versions (S30(?)/40/60 ; v1/2/3) , mostly the file size difference off various versions is clearly noticeable , but some games barely show a difference so that , for example , a S60v1 has a size of 119.260 bytes and the S60v2 119.136 bytes.
    Is it OK to upload both version , although they are almost identical in size , but obviously different?
    This also happened to me with games of same screen size but different brand - them showing a really small difference in size (Nokia vs. SE game file)!

I just want to say:
    -I always compare file sizes to avoid duplicates with different names
    -I upload the files named or described the way I got them myself , if it said it is a S40v2 then I'll upload it as an S40v2 , if it only said S40 then it's just S40 to me too. I just clean up the file name by adding spaces and removing dashes and dots. I also test and add the appropriate screen sizes (the best I can).

Like I said , it might sound like a stupid question , but I'll rather ask instead of getting warnings (or even banned) just because of some RP.
    I don't have any interest of competing with other members (upload-related) - I just got in the mood to offer my contribution to M24 since I like it very much.

2nd Question not related to file size but game screen size:
    -is there some rule what screen sizes will be accepted?
    I have some games meant for really small screens , 96x65 (Nokia 3510i/8910i) - should I upload them too or stick to more frequent screen sizes only?

Sort of a 3rd question: - do rejected uploads effect the uploaders membership , in form of being less credible or something?
    Just a thought of mine , I didn't have many rejects yet.

Thank You for Your time and help in advance!
    WDE

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wde_1978 Log in to see links
    2nd Question not related to file size but game screen size:
    -is there some rule what screen sizes will be accepted?
    I have some games meant for really small screens , 96x65 (Nokia 3510i/8910i) - should I upload them too or stick to more frequent screen sizes only?

Sort of a 3rd question: - do rejected uploads effect the uploaders membership , in form of being less credible or something?
    Just a thought of mine , I didn't have many rejects yet.

Thank You for Your time and help in advance!
    WDE
    Well, the world of Symbian baffles me, so I won't be able to answer that.

2nd Question - It would be easier if you used a larger screen size (or even multi-screen) to fit the average phones. But I'm not sure entirely on this one.

3rd Question - No, it doesn't affect the uploader's membership, status, respect or anything if you get a rejected upload, but if you are caught on-purposely putting in uploads which you know will get refused, you may get banned.

Hello James!

About the differences in all those S40/60 java files - I have no idea what that's all about either!
    SonyEricsson , Siemens , Motorola games aren't that complicated.

About the second question: it's simple actually - is M24 interested in storing files meant for discontinued mobile phones or rather not!
    This got nothing to do with me and You since we have phones sporting decent screen sizes. But M24 should know if there are requests for such small sized games. Someone with an old Nokia 8910i won't be able to play even 128x128 games - or is he!?

Yes , a "Multiscreen" version would be perfect , but what if the vendor/maker of the game didn't make one!

About the third question: there is absolutely no reason for me to upload doubles or forbidden games on purpose - it's not like I got payed by the upload , is it!
    But I was wondering , I found a game that wasn't in M24's Gallery , nor on the list of forbidden games/vendors. I got all possible versions of it but was afraid to upload all of them at once - what if they'd all got rejected , would it make a difference to my membership!?
    That was the point of my 3rd question!

Thanks for Your reply , that leaves 2 questions to get answered (and the 3rd perhaps confirmed)!

9. Default

1. Yes you can upload games of all screen sizes.

2. No, your membership won't be affected if multiple uploads are rejected, unless as James said.

well, the questions have been pretty much answered, but i would like to say something about non-frequent resolutions. i borrowed nokia n80 and thought there wasnt going to be a lot of games for it (seing so only 4 models have that resolution). i found over 100 games in the gallery alone. so upload what you have, it will surely found someone.

about the symbian versions, i had that problem and often decided not to upload a game similar in size. but even today i dont understand so many different versions for all kinds of phone models...

good questions, though
    none