0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Default Internal memory of Galaxy Tab 2

Guys, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. The internal memory is 16GB written on the box. But when I go to Settings-> Storage I found the internal memory is 11.87. Why is it so I dont know. Can anybody gave me a clarification? And also the Ram is 700 where as its written 1GB in specifications.

0 RP
    Country
    Ireland
    Thanks

The memory you can see in the settings is what you can use to install apps and download videos and music. The rest of the 16GB is being used for storing the android system and the apps and games that come pre-installed. The ram is also the same the 700MB you see is what you can use to run apps and games and the rest is reserved for the operating system. Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to mail me if you have any further questions.
    Like my post? Press the button!!

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Oh acha. Thanx a lot

0 RP

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

it has enough galaxy tab

0 RP
    Country
    India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kasani View Post
    Guys, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. The internal memory is 16GB written on the box. But when I go to Settings-> Storage I found the internal memory is 11.87. Why is it so I dont know. Can anybody gave me a clarification? And also the Ram is 700 where as its written 1GB in specifications.
    In my opinion that 11.87 memory is sufficient to you, but the main thing that remaining memory is taking for predefined features and the operating system. So you don't worry for everyone like that only. Any how galaxy tab 2 is an excellent thing, i am using it now, i feeling very comfortable with that.

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

That issue is common within memory cards and hard disks. Some of the memory is dedicated to running programs. You never really get the "full" number written. An HDD with 250 GB will usually provide you with around 240ish GB. Hope this helps!

0 RP

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

This issue occurs normally in memory cards, hard drives and USB. It allocates memory for inbuilt devices that allows user to work with free space.