Mobile Game Review

Title:
    C.H.A.O.S
    Developer: Sky Jet International
    Publisher: Sky Jet International
    Release Date: Out now
    Price: £1.00/$1.61
    Format: Android
    Game Features: Realistic helicopter simulator with action packed gameplay.
    Reviewed on: Google Nexus S

Summary

A secret organization named C.H.A.O.S has been established by the dictators who lost their power and now they aim at world domination. As a brave pilot, you've been hired to prevent them from expanding their influence to other countries. You're about to take this challenge and save the world from terror!
    Choose helicopters from different manufacturers from the USA, Russia and Europe such as AH-64 Apache, UH-60 Black Hawk, Hind, Ka-52 Alligator, RAH-66 Comanche and more! Accomplish missions, go through intensive air combats and defeat the enemy!

Review

Another game another review, today I bring you Conceptual Helicopter Assault Operational Simulator or C.H.A.O.S for short and as you can probably tell from the longer title it's a simulator, I guess that's as far as I can take that. Now I'm a huge fan of aerial combat sims, be it IL-2 Sturmovik or Combat Flight Simulator so when I saw this on the app. store I had to play it, anyway less of that and more reviewing...

I'll start with the good and there's a few of them and I might as well start with the controls, they are superb, if a little hard to get used to, but once mastered you'll be able to pull of some amazing moves, 'What are the controls' I hear you shout, well it's a case of tilt the screen to turn and touch some on-screen buttons, these on-screen buttons include you're weapons which are machine guns, rockets and heat-seeking/lock-on missiles basically what you would expect from this type of game. Your helicopters altitude is also controlled by an on-screen button, it can get a bit confusing at times but luckily there are some very helpful and well thought out training missions, I suggest that you don't skip them if you want to have fun playing this game or even progress further into it.
    Speaking of progress, there are eight solo missions in total, which isn't much granted, these missions include the kind of things you'd expect; defending a location, engaging enemies and attacking bases, completing these objectives will earn you money and XP allowing you to rise through the ranks, upgrade your helicopter or buy a new one, you can earn more XP and money by choosing a higher difficulty level of which there are three, I don't need to tell you what they are, if I do you probably shouldn't be on the internet.
    Graphically this game is quite the looker, it has some of the best graphics I've seen to date, the helicopters are well detailed and so are the landscapes, of course this game would have been great without the fancy graphics but it would have felt a little bit arcade if you get what I mean, the graphics make it feel that more real.
    Last but not least multiplayer mode, which may I add is online and is by far the best thing about this game, not only is it a challenge it's also fun, there's something about getting into a mid-air dog-fight that I just love, now I made the mistake of playing online before playing the single-player, I got torn apart and so will you if you do the same, so please play the single-player mode first just so you can learn the basics, there are some skilled players out there and even now, I wouldn't call myself a pro, more experienced but I still struggle against some people, but hey if it was easy I probably would have put this game to rest a long time ago.
    Now for the bad and the ugly all rolled into one, mostly because they're the same thing and the games one true failing and that's having to pay with real life money for things that you would expect to come with the game once you've bought it, such as the advanced helicopters, this isn't a problem if you aren't interested in the online multiplayer side of things, you can quite easily play through the single-player with the helicopters that are already available without any problems, but multiplayer is where this becomes a problem and the problem is that these helicopters are so much better than the ones that come free with the game that if you do end up going up against one you're instantly doomed, it does make multiplayer at times rather uneven, it's a case of buy one of those helicopters and do well or don't and do badly.

Conclusion

So C.H.A.O.S a game with, in my eye only one flaw; it's a challenge, it's fun and it has one of the best online multiplayers on Android (when it's even), definitely worth a download be it a free one or a paid one.

Screenshots

Click for bigger.

Graphics: 9/10
    Some of the best to date.

Sound:
    9/10
    Realistic.

Gameplay:
    7/10
    challenging but made uneven at times.

Story:
    7/10
    Could have done with more levels.

Overall Score: 8 out of 10
    silver.gif

2. Default

Next review: Defense Zone HD

3. Default

Great review, thanks.

4. Default

No problem.

5. Default

I played the game some months ago, using Chainfire 3D to make it work flawlessly on my phone, so yes, a good game but I just couldn't get used to the controls. But that's just me.

So, good review, and anticipating the other one.

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystyk27 Log in to see links
    I played the game some months ago, using Chainfire 3D to make it work flawlessly on my phone, so yes, a good game but I just couldn't get used to the controls. But that's just me.

So, good review, and anticipating the other one.
    So I wasn't the only one with control issues?

7. Default

Update: Review tomorrow or Monday.

8. Default

Nice game with nice features.