Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
  1. Default

I bought was a pair of formal shoes

Not necessarily the last thing I bought , but surely the more valuable thing in a while.

Bought me a 36" Iggesund Forest R2 chainsaw guide bar , accompanied by two matching Carlton chains and two aluminum felling wedges!
    The guide bar and the wedges are made in Sweden.
    I might have gone a tad overboard with the bar length as 30-32" would have been optimal , but it looks awesome so I don't care.

DSC00609 (Large).JPG DSC00592 (Large).JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    Not necessarily the last thing I bought , but surely the more valuable thing in a while.

Bought me a 36" Iggesund Forest R2 chainsaw guide bar , accompanied by two matching Carlton chains and two aluminum felling wedges!
    The guide bar and the wedges are made in Sweden.
    I might have gone a tad overboard with the bar length as 30-32" would have been optimal , but it looks awesome so I don't care.

DSC00609 (Large).JPG DSC00592 (Large).JPG
    What do you do with these chainsaw, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Log in to see links
    What do you do with these chainsaw, bro?
    Firewood processing , private usage only.
    Sometimes I also cut my uncles firewood when he opts to purchase firewood tree trunks as opposed to preprocessed 1 meter short pieces (those get cut with a bandsaw).

That 36" bar will see limited usage as my 20" setup usually provides sufficient "reach" in the wood I tend to get , but I opted to purchase it because:

- I bought a second stronger chainsaw to accompany my 3.5kW/4.7HP Dolmar PS-6400 , a Dolmar PS-7900 falling within the same model family but with bigger displacement and thus accounting for 4.6kW/6.3HP. The PS-7900 is a hoot to run (from a power tool liking guys perspective) , but its sheer power is almost overkill for the 20" setup I had for it - thus a longer bar & chain combo was desirable.

- I purchase firewood in form of whole tree trunks from the Croatian forestry and usually get logs smaller or as big in diameter as my 20" bar & chain setup. Well this year I got some quite serious tree trunks that made my 20" setup fall a little bit short. Some of the logs I got where up to 55" in diameter at the thick end. It was fun to tackle this years firewood , to say the least. I like "destructive" work more then fiddly stuff , fiddly work makes me restless.

- With a bar this long (36") I might try chainsaw milling (look up Google or YouTube for "Alaskan Mill") , but that is just an optional possibility as I am not really into wood turning (I don't have the time, need & nerve).

My this years firewood , the bar on the saw is 20" making it easy to estimate the sizes of the logs:
    2015 firewood5.jpg 2015 firewood4.jpg 2015 firewood3.jpg
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 28-03-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Grocery shopping

Very good, my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    Firewood processing , private usage only.
    Sometimes I also cut my uncles firewood when he opts to purchase firewood tree trunks as opposed to preprocessed 1 meter short pieces (those get cut with a bandsaw).

That 36" bar will see limited usage as my 20" setup usually provides sufficient "reach" in the wood I tend to get , but I opted to purchase it because:

- I bought a second stronger chainsaw to accompany my 3.5kW/4.7HP Dolmar PS-6400 , a Dolmar PS-7900 falling within the same model family but with bigger displacement and thus accounting for 4.6kW/6.3HP. The PS-7900 is a hoot to run (from a power tool liking guys perspective) , but its sheer power is almost overkill for the 20" setup I had for it - thus a longer bar & chain combo was desirable.

- I purchase firewood in form of whole tree trunks from the Croatian forestry and usually get logs smaller or as big in diameter as my 20" bar & chain setup. Well this year I got some quite serious tree trunks that made my 20" setup fall a little bit short. Some of the logs I got where up to 55" in diameter at the thick end. It was fun to tackle this years firewood , to say the least. I like "destructive" work more then fiddly stuff , fiddly work makes me restless.

- With a bar this long (36") I might try chainsaw milling (look Google or YouTube "Alaskan Mill") , but that is just an optional possibility as I am not really into wood turning (I don't have the time, need & nerve).

My this years firewood , the bar on the saw is 20" making it easy to estimate the sizes of the logs:
    2015 firewood5.jpg 2015 firewood4.jpg 2015 firewood3.jpg

Spent some money on individual smaller things today:
    - bought some stainless steel screws, nuts and washers
    - bought a circular saw blade featuring 30 tungsten-carbide tipped teeth , it was very nicely priced thus I didn't want to resist
    - bought a pouch/bag for my "new to me" phone (HTC One S)

I bought a 30 years old chain saw, in running condition!

A 40cc Sachs-Dolmar 108

Sachs-Dolmar 108.jpg

New pad for PS4

DSC_0182.jpg

Kasabian first album framed will look great in my room when i put it up