Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
    Developer: Gameloft
    Publisher: Gameloft
    Release Date: Out now.
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: More than 40 licensed vehicles await in this sixth installment of Gameloft's arcade racing series.
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

The world’s best drivers deserve the fastest cars. Get pumped up for the latest, most polished racing experience to date with vehicles from Ferrari, Audi, Ducati, Lamborghini and other top manufacturers. Save up your energy and let loose an Adrenaline Boost to overpower the competition in exotic locations, all recreated with the most advanced graphics ever for an Asphalt title. You can also take on new challenges to really test your driving skills. Jump on board and feel the Adrenaline!

Review

Urgh... work, work, work, sorry about the delay in bringing out this review but sometimes life takes over, anyway this time around we have Asphalt 6: Adrenaline and as you can tell from the name it's the sixth game in the series, now the Asphalt games have always been a favourite of mine and when Asphalt 6 came out I couldn't wait to play and review it, so let's get on with the review.

First things first, I'd just like to start off with the loading screen, 'WTF!>!>!>!?' I hear you say, well I thought I'd compliment Gameloft in their choice of women... top job, well done, 10/10, and now to the important stuff, not that busty women aren't important but you get the point... anyway, graphically this game is beautiful, colourful and pleasing on the eye, but that's what you'd expect from a Gameloft game these days, not only that but the cars look amazing, well from behind and part of the side when you're drifting around bends, Gameloft really have done well in that area.
    Gameplay wise Asphalt 6: Adrenaline has a little bit of everything, NFS, Burnout and mostly OutRun. In terms of NFS well, there's the obvious street racing from the NFS underground series, and from the Hot Pursuit series there's the running from the cops. Burnout there's the take-down move that you use to take out the cops that you're running from, talking of running from the cops, you will find yourself doing that a lot, which when you're out in front on your own keeps things alive in terms of action. OutRun well you only have to look at the screenshots to know where I'm coming from with that.
    Now if you've played Asphalt in the past you'll know there's a boosting system, no not like on CoD where you and a friend sit in a corner of the map and one of you kills the other over and over until you get a nuke, how would you do that on a racing game anyway? No, what I mean is earning NoS, 'how does one earn boost?' I hear you cry, well I can answer that for you, you must drive like an Audi driver, for people who don't know what I'm talking about when I say that, just drive recklessly and whilst you're at it pick up the icons that you see on the track, in Asphalt 6 there's a change, not only do you now get some extra POOOOOOOOOOOOWER, you become for a short time invincible and this is called adrenaline, you see what they did there? Huh... I guess there's a little bit of Midnight Club in there as well, so if you're lagging behind holding '5' for a short period once your meter will soon have you in a position to win the race.
    If like me you're a fan of the Asphalt series you'll find yourself playing this game for hours, maybe on the bus or laying in your bed, no matter where you are when you're playing Asphalt 6 it will bring a smile to your face, and even if Asphalt 6 is the first game of the series that you're playing you'll still have heeps of fun.

Conclusion

After playing Asphalt 6 it reminded me that at times Gameloft really do know what they're doing, most of the time their games somewhat lack in the fun element, but Asphalt 6 certainly is a fun game, that's probably down to the fact that it's taken parts from some of the greatest racing games of all time and merged them all in to one to make a truly great game, probably the best racer on mobile ever.

Screenshots

Graphics: 9/10
    Colourful and pleasing on the eye.

Sound:
    9/10
    Better than most.

Gameplay:
    10/10
    Fun and will have you playing for hours.

Story:
    8.5/10
    In terms of a racing game, not bad.

Overall Score: 9.5 out of 10
    gold.gif

Good review

3. Default

Thanks Cyclonus.

4. Default

Superb review! Great job!

5. Default

Much appreciated.

6. Default

Next review: Red Dead Redemption mobile... sorry I mean Wild West Guns.

7. Default

Slightly off topic but, when are we getting reviews of Android games..? Or rather, is there any plans to get new reviewers who can review on other OS/platforms..?

Would be great...

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystyk27 Log in to see links
    Slightly off topic but, when are we getting reviews of Android games..? Or rather, is there any plans to get new reviewers who can review on other OS/platforms..?

Would be great...
    At the moment I'm a one man team, if I had the time I'd still be reviewing iPhone games, my HTC is an android, but again I'm a one man team... right now Java game reviews are priority due to the fact a lot of people are still using Java phones.

Feel free to post in the Mobiles24 Improvement Suggestions thread suggesting that we need more reviewers and reviews for different OS/platforms.

9. Default

Good Review 'Spaghetti totally agree with your assessment. The high point for me was the sexy voice countdown 3,2,1 ,GO !!! I damn near dropped my mobile in surprise.When was the last time you heard such clear voice content in a java mobile game? Asphalt 6 kicks @$$

10. Default

Thanks filani.

Yeah I think Gameloft might be on the limit of what a java mobile game can do.