Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You're welcome! I'm glad to be of help!

2. Default Trouble Getting Ringtone to Play

I recently got the new Samsung Blackjack and have been putting stuff on it like crazy. The MP3 ringtones on this site all seem to work fine, so I thought I'd try my hand at creating my own since the song I want is next to impossible to find. I created a 47 second MP3 clip of the song using Atomix Virtual DJ. Here are the stats...

Duration: 0:00:47
    Bit Rate: 64kbps
    Channels 2(stereo)
    Audio Sample Rate: 44khz

these are identical to the You're Not Alone-4835 (by Olive) ringtone on your freetones page (which plays perfectly on my phone). Problem is my tone I created won't play for some reason. Is there something else I'm missing? I also have another mp3 ringtone purchased through Cingular of WuTangs - C.R.E.A.M. however it's format is .mp3-drm (should I be using something to convert them to this format instead?)

Thanks in advance for your help

3. Default

1stly, should have started a new topic for this one matey.

Also, i cant imagine what it could be which is stopping you playing it... Sounds like a problem with the way it was recorded? Have you tried listening to the shortened mp3 in windows media player or anything? What track was this?

As for the mp3-drm.. im not too sure what that is about... You can convert it to mp3 using Log in to see links.

If this doesnt work, you can always request tones for free and someone will be happy to help...

4. Default

Sorry about the "new topic" thing...I'll do that now.

5. Default

Hi mR C
    From what i know mp3-drm is copy protection which is the reason that man could not play his track..

Many digital music services employ digital rights management (DRM) — also known as "copy protection" — that prevents you from doing things like using the portable player of your choice ..

but not a 100% sure