Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    0 RP

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks

Default Transfering files to a samsung android

First time i plugged my galaxy mini onto a usb port found out that the only thing it did was charging the phone. It needed an extra software for files managing called "kies", that only if i wanted to to pass files to my android.

So i install this program, and found out that is for music transfer and managing only Like it didnt work, i had to do it old schoold with an SD card adaptor.

Anyone knows a way to manage files on a samsung android without kies or removing the microsd card from the phone?

Site Moderator
    254 RP
    Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

If it doesn't show up the same way as a USB when you click on "My Computer", Kies and the SD card method appear to be your only options.
    1 person liked this post: tinettevirg

0 RP

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Default regarding your galaxy USB problem.

I'm a Galaxy S user.
    Here is the solution I do for my phone.

1. Go to "setting"
    2. Scroll down to "About phone"
    3. Go to "USB setting"

Here, u have 5 options to select for ur phone once connected to USB.

I'm not sure if our Galaxy mini 's setting is the same. No harm check it out.

Best regards,

M

0 RP

Country
    Romania
    Thanks

Default If you use Kies

If you use Kies you'll have the "View in Explorer" option on the "Basic Information" tab (after you select your phone in the "Connected devices" tab on the left of the main screen).

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Use Backup & Restore application on your mobile. Take the Backup of your messages only. Its going to store in SDCard/data/backup/.sbf.
    You can copy this file into your PC using a Cable or using Bluetooth.
    Anyways I prefer Android Transfer which can help you manage your Android phone files such as contacts, SMS, photos, music, etc with your computer.
    Last edited by bettyharven; 31-03-2013 at 09:24 AM.

0 RP
    Country
    India
    Thanks

Following are step to do this..

1- Connect your Android phone to your computer using the microUSB to USB cable.
    2- If you are using a PC, you will see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. Wait for the computer to successfully complete installation.
    3- The critical step: On your Android phone, pull down the notification window (aka ‘window shade’) and tap USB connected.
    4- A notification window will appear. Tap Mount. Your phone will enter USB storage mode.
    5- Find the removable storage drive. On a PC, navigate to My Computer and look for a new removable storage drive. On a Mac, the drive will appear on your desktop.
    6- Drag-and-drop the desired file(s) to the drive.
    7- In your phone’s notification window, tap Turn off USB storage.

Unplug your phone and you’re all set.
    To get the best offer visit aircel.com

Thanks for sharing the information..

Theme Artist
    1,406 RP
    Contributor Confirmed Android Artist Confirmed Theme Artist Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Favourite (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Try es explorer, it allows you to transfer to pc wirelessly and it's fast easy to do with no cables, it also let's you browse files on both phone and pc, I honestly couldn't cope without this app!

Using Google account it the easiest way is to backup phone data.
    To do it just go to Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Your Email and check Sync data. Then in your new device just do the same thing to get your data back.

Transfer Files Between Samsung and PC
    Last edited by Feaahg; 07-09-2017 at 11:07 AM.

0 RP

Country
    Austria
    Thanks

Well, I think an android manager would be helpful, you can manage your data from your pc, and transfer files or data from phone to pc.
    AirDroid allows you to transfer files between phone and pc, and which supports wireless transfer, you can freely transfer photos and other file between computer and pc.
    Last edited by Fellarll; 22-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.