Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFlash1980 Log in to see links
    Some things called trojan droppers.
    As far as I can tell only Log in to see links is capable to properly handle the "Dropper" , not even Nod32 seems to be able to stop it.
    According to certain information I gathered the "Dropper" is being spread via MSN , hidden within pictures.

My info might be faulty though , I never use MSN nor did I ever had the "Dropper" on my system.

I would recommend a additional scan with Log in to see links , it is freeware therefore no harm done!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    As far as I can tell only Log in to see links is capable to properly handle the "Dropper" , not even Nod32 seems to be able to stop it.
    According to certain information I gathered the "Dropper" is being spread via MSN , hidden within pictures.

My info might be faulty though , I never use MSN nor did I ever had the "Dropper" on my system.

I would recommend a additional scan with Log in to see links , it is freeware therefore no harm done!
    Thanks, Wilhelm. I don't ever want to have that happen again, it was horrible.

3. Default

it started to heat up again, now it reaches almost 90c
    what should i do now? the HDD also reaches 50c (before was 39~42c)

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by taikucingg Log in to see links
    Ouch. That's hot. I'd get it looked at again if I were you. :blinkn:

5. Default

Before you have someone look at it, can I light my cigarette off of it? My lighter isn't working.

Seriously though, you should get it looked at as soon as possible or you may not have much of a computer left.

6. Default

I suppose you could always melt it down into a nice plastic garden chair or something.

Is it a reading error again like before?

its a reading error. seen it on aida64.
    BIOS said its 11.80~12.20
    An Intel Pentium 4 @2.8GHz , even if it is a freaking Prescott should not get as hot as 90°C - actually , I don't think that an Intel CPU will allow such excess heat buildup in the first place.
    When getting hot it will clock itself DOWN (it is a MBO BIOS option) and if the temperature continues to rise it should eventually shut down on its own (integrated into the CPU's core as far as I know)!

A HDD getting as hot as 50°C is not uncommon , especially if You don't have a fan blowing air DIRECTLY over it.
    Although it is not recommended to keep a HDD running hot without sufficient cooling.

If it is not a reading error , and Your PC is cranked up in a small tower without sufficient fans , try taking off both side covers of the tower to allow more air to circulate to the CPU's fan - check the temperature with Your towers case open.

Check Your PC/OS for malware.
    A malicious application continuously running in the background will increase the load to Your CPU , effectively it will cause a PC to build up heat depending on the resources the malicious application requires.
    You can try scaning Your system with Avira , Malwarebytes , SpyBot Search & Destroy , Ad-Aware ... - downloadable at Log in to see links

For further help You must provide more info!

My PC:
    PC Probe.JPG

Speccy.JPG

8. Default

it looks like this when im just browsing the internet
    on BIOS after posting this screenshot

s
    Last edited by taikucingg; 04-09-2011 at 07:36 AM.

9. Default

Ur cpu fan speed is low,at that temprature it shoudl be around 4500 rpm or more!
    maybe ur cpu fun has some problems!
    also try to clean the vents,maybe dusts filled them!
    and also ur heat sink may have some problems!

10. Default

What OS you running on that thing anyway?