Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default strange problem with my contacts list..help

I m having sony x8, i have synchronised my contacts list with my google a/c to keep a backup... But now when i opn my contacts list.. It shows numbers twice in name.. When i further open it to edit/delete the second no it shows details... One no of my mobile and second no is belongs to google no .. So plz tell me how to delete these duplicate nos from all contacts at once.. I hope i have written my problem in as simple and as clearely as possbile

2. Default

Try to use the rigth forum mate, you`re always posting in the Wrong Section.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by adriaaaaaan Log in to see links
    Try to use the rigth forum mate, you`re always posting in the Wrong Section.
    sorry.. can u plz tel me where to post this query ? i have asked this as a general query.. not my phone specific.. it can happen to anyone..i guess

4. Default

Thread moved.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Log in to see links
    Thread moved.
    thnks... And apologise for wrong posting

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by amit_k20001 Log in to see links
    thnks... And apologise for wrong posting
    Quite alright.

7. Default

Now if everythng is right.. Plz some body concentrate on my query also...

8. Default

Android's contact management is very different from other phones. When you have contacts in phone and you sync (join) it with google account then all your google contacts are downloaded to your phone. Even if they have only e-mail id as it happens with mail clients.

Example: person name "A"
    It is very annoying when you have Contact with a name "A" in your phone which have number and gmail have same "A" but only mail id. When you sync you can get 2 A or some nickname of Orkut which "A" have set.

There are somethings you can do:
    1. Edit your phone contact say "A" and add email from "A" (which came from gmail). At this moment as phone will know both are same, "A" from gmail will vanish automatically giving you only one contact with all detail. To make work easier from PC you can use My Phone Explorer. Google it out.

2. Or. In your contact settings in phone select "Show Contact from Phone Only."

2nd option is quite easy and good. Because if you Reset your phone and again set resync etc, again it will happen...

Hope helped a little. There is no easy way to workout this or make it understand. A? I mean got it?
    Last edited by hakneo; 05-05-2011 at 09:15 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hakneo Log in to see links
    Android's contact management is very different from other phones. When you have contacts in phone and you sync (join) it with google account then all your google contacts are downloaded to your phone. Even if they have only e-mail id as it happens with mail clients.

Example: person name "A"
    It is very annoying when you have Contact with a name "A" in your phone which have number and gmail have same "A" but only mail id. When you sync you can get 2 A or some nickname of Orkut which "A" have set.

There are somethings you can do:
    1. Edit your phone contact say "A" and add email from "A" (which came from gmail). At this moment as phone will know both are same, "A" from gmail will vanish automatically giving you only one contact with all detail. To make work easier from PC you can use My Phone Explorer. Google it out.

2. Or. In your contact settings in phone select "Show Contact from Phone Only."

2nd option is quite easy and good. Because if you Reset your phone and again set resync etc, again it will happen...

Hope helped a little. There is no easy way to workout this or make it understand. A? I mean got it?
    I have tried ur 2nd option, but nt workig . I think i need to delete my gooogle contacts. Can u telll me how can i delete my back up data in google a/c

10. Default

Or just dont sync with google!