1. Default BlackBerry Already Running Android Apps?

ShopSavvy, creator of the fantastic barcode reader/shopping assistant app, noticed something, well, peculiar in their logs. It shows that people in Waterloo, Ontario (where RIM is based) using the Android ShopSavvy app on Blackberry phones. The devices tracked are:
    • BlackBerry 8300 ran ShopSavvy on January 31, 2011
    • BlackBerry 8600 ran ShopSavvy on January 17 and 24, 2011
    • BlackBerry 8520 ran ShopSavvy on February 7, 2011
    This Android app trail that leads back to RIM actually corroborates a previous report of the BlackBerry PlayBook being able to run Android apps. Or maybe it's nothing, those devices are just variations of the Curve, not a PlayBook. Nevertheless, if true, it's very interesting to see RIM using Android apps to their advantage is a pretty smart move but it's unclear how Google will react (they do have strict Android Market rules).
    -Gizmodo

2. Default

@rl77 you don't have to be so rude...

@op Already read about it, it's soo cheap XD. Would you mind posting this somewhere else and not in the Android apps section?

3. Default

Oh boy. Most Android apps run in a Dalvik (Java) virtual machine. Same would be true on PlayBook. Dalvik added a "just in time compiler" or JIT in Android 2.2, which sped it up considerably.

4. Default

I think the report said that RIM decided to make their own method of running the apps because of copyright issues they ran into with the Dalvik VM. I'm not entirely sure but I think that's in there.