0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Default Can I transfer a sim card to an android phone?

I have a non-android phone and want to keep my number when I get a new phone.Can I transfer the sim card from the non-android phone to a new android phone or do I need the number transferred to the other sim

0 RP
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Actually what do you really want?if you wan to change to an android phone, you just need to transfer your sim card to the new android phone.

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

If like most people you use a Google account on your android phone, import your contacts to your google account, then they will be on any future android phone as soon as you sign in.
    Check more from below pages:
    How to transfer data from phone to phone
    Last edited by bettyharven; 31-03-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Samsung Messages Backup is an almighty data management tool that enable you to transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos, books, music, documents, apps Android phone to computer.
    Last edited by Feaahg; 25-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    1 person liked this post: tinettevirg

0 RP

Country
    Cocos Islands
    Thanks

It depends. If you saved contacts on sim card and the new phone has the same type of slot, then you can transfer the sim card directly. If not, then you should first backup contacts to computer, then import into new phone.
    Last edited by oooinzn; 24-08-2016 at 04:35 AM.

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Follow these steps:

1. Open Contacts. You can reach this from the contacts shortcut in your app drawer or home screen, or via the contacts tab in your phone dialer.
    2. Press the Menu button.
    3. Select Import/Export.
    4. Select Export from SIM.
    5. Click Select All, or manually tick each contact you wish to copy to the phone.
    6. You may be asked where to copy the contacts to; select the appropriate option.

0 RP

Country
    American Samoa
    Thanks

If like me intend to copy messages to computer you use android data transfer tool to transfer them , you won't losing any data when transferring ,because my android data has been transfered to computer successfully ,as well as the tool allow users transfer contacts ,photos,videos,movie,app,and other file between android and computer /iPhone /android ,

0 RP

Country
    American Samoa
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nasdbter View Post
    If like me intend to copy text messages from android you use android data transfer tool to transfer them , you won't losing any data when transferring ,because my android data has been transfered to computer successfully ,as well as the tool allow users transfer contacts ,photos,videos,movie,app,and other file between android and computer /iPhone /android ,
    Assistant for Android tool is powerful to move sim card data including SMS and contacts.
    Last edited by Shehab0; 07-03-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Want to transfer contacts from one phone to another Android phone, nowdays you can use Google account or Mobile Phone Transfer tool. With it, you can directly transfer contacts between mobile phones.
    Last edited by Fangsy; 25-12-2017 at 10:13 AM.

I do not remember the name of that device again.