Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Cyberpunk :The Arasaka Plot [by LemonQuest]

Cyberpunk :The Arasaka Plot mobile game , The "Promised" sequel/prequel

A long while back while cruising the net i came across this classic mobile game from LemonQuest by Mayhem Studios inspired by the RPG board game Cyberpunk 2020 which i downloaded mainly out of curiosity. I then immersed myself in the griping story of a bad ass cyborg soldier named Sam Gibson and his female hacker sidekick named "Ka" as they find themselves caught in a web of industrial espionage, betrayal & murder in a hi-tech world of the future against the backdrop of Nightcity.

Playing my way to the end of the game was an experience i did not forget in a hurry, upon successfully completing the last stage the onscreen message reads that " Cyberpunk will return to your cellphones in 2007 " . The game was released in 2006 and i have searched the net extensively but can't find any trace of a sequel being released. I feel this is unfortunate as most people who have played the game will agree that the title has potential.

I would like to have comments from other members who have played and finished the game if they agree with my opinion

2. Unhappy Cyberpunk :The Arasaka Plot mobile game , The "Promised" sequel/prequel

Well, i played the game a few years back and i loved it...Mayhem Studios was one of my favorite mobile game developers...I too looked forward to a sequel for months, years etc. or nothing...

I also liked Call Of Cthulhu: Darkness Within (Book 1) and there was promise of a book 2 but it never came...at least in english speaking countries to my knowledge...

Its been a very long time since I've seen a game out by Mayhem Studios...don't even think they make games anymore...

3. Default

@ MobileHD
    Actually Mayhem studios are still very much in business, google " mayhem studios lone wolf" or "cartoon yourself" and see for yourself.
    I have sent a mail to lemonquest concerning this & i hope they mail me back

They could do a prequel story Sam Gibsons military adventures during the south america wars b4 he became a "solo" for arasaka corp , how he first met "ka" and some of his earlier missions for arasaka or they could do a sequel story detailing his adventures after escaping nightcity with ka .To be honest i actually want BOTH !!! The game has so much potential if done properly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by filani; 07-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.

4. Default

@ Blusky
    Dude are you kidding me? you haven't played this game yet! oh well there's a first time for everything LOL If you can remember the old pc game FLASHBACK:The quest for identity and you liked it then you should definitely get a kick out of this game and why i feel lemonquest are cheating mobile gamers by not giving us a worthy sequel or prequel game to this classic title.

Gameloft used the same/similar graphics style on thier PRINCE OF PERSIA CLASSIC mobile game which kicked up the original games graphics & game play with the outstanding results which mobile gamers all loved.

I wonder if gameloft would take up the title if lemonquest are too busy dragging their feet to realize what a "diamond in the rough" they have in thier pocket .

5. Default

I want to ask you guys somtin' .What do you guys think about a Prequel FanNovel to this game? Would it be cool or not?

6. Default

Hello, it's been a long time but i'm back! I've been working on a prequel Fan Novel to this game and it's finally ready! Get ready for Cyberpunk: The Arasaka Contract. Tweet me @ManFila_SP to find out more.