Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Update: Free Java Games "JAD" Download

We now provide a "Download JAD file" button on every free java game in our database (web only, not wap).

For those of you who are unsure what a JAD file is, this file is required to run Java Games on certain handsets. If you experience problems running games on your handset, download and transfer both the .jar file (the game) and the .jad file (the game descriptor) to your phone and the game should run.

Please report any problems in the Bug Reporting forum.

Happy gaming!

2. Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Log in to see links
    We now provide a "Download JAD file" button on every free java game in our database (web only, not wap).

For those of you who are unsure what a JAD file is, this file is required to run Java Games on certain handsets. If you experience problems running games on your handset, download and transfer both the .jar file (the game) and the .jad file (the game descriptor) to your phone and the game should run.

Please report any problems in the Bug Reporting forum.

Happy gaming!

Do u mean both file download to other file?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by priyagal Log in to see links
    Do u mean both file download to other file?
    Basically some phones don't know how to execute the Jar file and need a little help, the JAD file gives it directions to what it needs to do in order to install the game.

My old Motorola was the same, I needed to have the Jad on my computer and then run the JAd programme to upload it to my phone from my PC.

Basically if your phone works with JAR files only dont worry, if it doesnt try both and use the JAD to load the game............

4. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-C Log in to see links
    Basically some phones don't know how to execute the Jar file and need a little help, the JAD file gives it directions to what it needs to do in order to install the game.

My old Motorola was the same, I needed to have the Jad on my computer and then run the JAd programme to upload it to my phone from my PC.

Basically if your phone works with JAR files only dont worry, if it doesnt try both and use the JAD to load the game............
    Yes, thanks for your reply 1-2-c.
    I tried wat u said still cant! I think i-mode phone got some restrict.Anyway if uyou got any information about sony ericsson K610im phone pls reply me thanks .

5. Default

I think the K610 has a different format for it's games, I don't know exact details or if I'm right but try visiting segoodies.com, the guys there know all about Sony Ericsson phones down to the programming.

6. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-C Log in to see links
    I think the K610 has a different format for it's games, I don't know exact details or if I'm right but try visiting segoodies.com, the guys there know all about Sony Ericsson phones down to the programming.
    ok thanks for your reply 1-2-c. Appreciated!

7. Default

jar and jad files are the same??

8. Default

i have nokia n73 ....
    sometimes i instal jad ,jar and sis
    but what is the diffrent between them?

9. Default

I have e250 samsung ; I copie both files .jad & .jar to my phone but it still dont work (i save it in other files cabinet of memory card)

10. Default

Oh Good!...Good thing to know.
    Jar files are JAva Runtime files and the JAD files are JAva Discriptor files. Both required on some phone to work. okay..I got it!!
    Thanks!
    Just one question. Can these Jar and Jad files (games mostly) run off the phone memory cards instead in the phone memory??
    Last edited by bhermance; 18-02-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: added more