Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow [Tutorial]How to make animated gif files

What we are going to need:

1)Log in to see links or any other imaging software
    2)Log in to see links

Both programms are free!

First of all we need to resize the images we have to the desired resolution.As an example,i create a Harry Potter animated gif for a 240x320 screen.
    So,we open Paint.NET(or any other software) and we resize all of the pics we want to use in the gif.
    Click on "Image" then "Resize" and we write 240 and 320.

After this,we save the pic in gif format("Save as..." and click on gif).

After we have resized all of the pics,we open microsoft gif animator and we open one of the pics we just resized.This pic will be used as the last pic of the gif we will create.

Then we click on "Insert" and we add the other pics we want to use in the gif file.The last pic we will add will be the first file of the animation.

Then,we click on "Select all" and we click on the subcategory "Animation".
    The checkboxes "Looping" and "Repeat forever" must be checked.

After this,we click on the subcategory "Image" and we specify how fast we want the pics to change.For example i write 50(half second).

The we click on "Save as" and we save the file!

The gif animation is ready!
    Last edited by Chris; 29-05-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Arrow

I will post 2 more examples so you'll get an idea of how many things you can create with these 2 tools,Paint.NET and Microsoft Gif Animator.

1st Example

We have this pic:

1.gif

and we want to make the text disappear and appear again.
    We open the file in Paint.NET we resize it (if needed) and we save it as a gif file.Then,in the toolbox we choose "Rectangle" and we click on "Draw Filled Shape".Don't forget to use the black colour.(You can see the colour panel in the category "Window"-->"Colors")
    We create a rectangle on the text we want to hide.Then we save it as another gif file.

Now we have 2 gif files: one with the name and one without it.

We open Microsoft Gif Animator and we follow the same procedure with the previous example.Don't forget to add first the pic with the hidden text and then the normal pic.
    We use looping,we specify how fast we want the name to hide and appear again and we save the gif file.Here's the result:

000.gif
    Last edited by Chris; 29-05-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Arrow

2nd Example

Now we are going to make a part of a pic "flash".
    We have this pic(it's from the terminator movie):

terminator-4.jpg

We open it in Paint.NET,we resize it if we want to and then we save it as a gif file.
    Now we open the original pic and we click in the category "Adjustments" and we click on "Brightness/Contrast".We set Brightness to around 60 and we click on ok.

Now,we are going to use a special tool called "Magic Wand".
    After we clicked on it,we click on each eye of the robot in our pic(you can hold "Ctrl" to click on more than one item).
    After that,click on the category "Edit"-->"Copy".
    Open the original pic and click on the category "Edit"-->"Paste".Save the pic as a gif file.

So we have 2 pics again: the original and one with very bright eyes.

We follow the same procedure with the previous examples to create a gif file using Microsoft gif animator.Don't forget to open first the "bright eyes" pic and then add the original pic.

Here's the result:

terminator.gif

I used the magic wand to click on more parts of the robot and i created this:

terminator2.gif
    Last edited by Chris; 29-05-2009 at 02:07 PM.

4. Exclamation Link wont show

Every time I try to download MS GIF Animator it says please wait for download link to appear but it never does WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Inluvwithmiley Log in to see links
    Every time I try to download MS GIF Animator it says please wait for download link to appear but it never does WTF
    Try this Log in to see links.

6. Default

great tutorial

7. Default

Coolz TUt. + Rep when i can xD

8. Default

tnx man thats great...now when i got free time i always do these

9. Default

Thank you very much for your great sharing