Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

You cant force people to rate uploads, its there free choice, but i agree with being able to add comments / feedback, would need moderating though.

2. Default

But that would most likely annoy people. Especially if it pops up...

Quote Originally Posted by wirama Log in to see links
    there's a lack of members in this site who gives rate at other member's upload, maybe mobiles24 can make a system that will make all members give rate. rate is just a simple appreciation to the stuff that other member uploading. maybe after downloading, they are recommended to give rate.
    I also suggest that there are commentary box to the uploaded item so other member can give feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    You cant force people to rate uploads, its there free choice, but i agree with being able to add comments / feedback, would need moderating though.
    As Paul stated , forcing members to DO something on a FREE STUFF website would be a big turn off!
    Members willing to rate will do so in time and it will most likely be an honest rate , forced ratings would be simply "forced" and therefore inaccurate.

I downloaded many 176x220 games and I played and rated about 600 of them - after that amount of games my SE K750i's Joystick went bye-bye.
    Luckily I got it fixed within the warranty , but now I don't play that much - therefore I rate files only occasionally.
    An honest rate is more valuable that hundreds of forced ones!

Adding comments for downloads has been suggested several times - again as Paul stated it would need to be Moderated as it would be misused for spam , insults , advertisements and many more unsuitable contents - I think that Mobiles24 doesn't need that.
    If someone has time to write an comment then that someone can as well "Rate" the file honestly.

What I think that could be interesting is a "Download History" for members , just like the "Attachments" tab under "Miscellaneous" in the Control Panel.
    In that list the files that haven't been Rated could be somehow highlighted and by that "softly" remind members to rate a file they downloaded!

4. Default

No one replied on the mixpod playlists (in our profiles), that I suggested We used to have imeem playlists ...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    As Paul stated , forcing members to DO something on a FREE STUFF website would be a big turn off!
    Members willing to rate will do so in time and it will most likely be an honest rate , forced ratings would be simply "forced" and therefore inaccurate.

I downloaded many 176x220 games and I played and rated about 600 of them - after that amount of games my SE K750i's Joystick went bye-bye.
    Luckily I got it fixed within the warranty , but now I don't play that much - therefore I rate files only occasionally.

Adding comments for downloads has been suggested several times - again as Paul stated it would need to be Moderated as it would be misused for spam , insults , advertisements and many more unsuitable contents - I think that Mobiles24 doesn't need that.
    If someone has time to write an comment then that someone can as well "Rate" the file honestly.

What I think that could be interesting is a "Download History" for members , just like the "Attachments" tab under "Miscellaneous" in the Control Panel.
    In that list the files that haven't been Rated could be somehow highlighted and by that "softly" remind members to rate a file they downloaded!
    Games are very much rated compared to ringtones
    Last edited by emil07; 22-03-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emil07 Log in to see links
    Games are very much rated compared to ringtones
    I think it is because members tend to download dozens of ringtones to find ONE that meets their needs - thus they don't bother to rate all the files they downloaded.

That is somewhat different with games , You download the one version meant for Your phone (or the version closest to it) and You can re-find it easier in the gallery to rate it later.

Quote Originally Posted by emil07 Log in to see links
    No one replied on the mixpod playlists (in our profiles), that I suggested We used to have imeem playlists ...
    I think thats something you need to ask Mark or Karl, imeem was ok until the ads started and they only allowed 30secs on songs... better off just putting a youtube music video on your profile.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links

Yep, an honest rating is better than a forced rating. Because the members aren't under any pressure, they will go ahead & give the true rating that they think the game really deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    I think thats something you need to ask Mark or Karl, imeem was ok until the ads started and they only allowed 30secs on songs... better off just putting a youtube music video on your profile.
    Yep, immem was good, while it lasted.

I think an option like this would be good. (As long as it can be blocked by other members easily if they feel like doing so.)
    Keep Rocking, Game On.....
    Lord Buddha's Way Is The Path To Freedom, Enlightenment & Bliss...

My Blog: http://thechroniclesofaki.wordpress.com

9. Default Refuse with reason

You know, when ye upload, the moderators will refuse the files. Its because there is some guidelines are violated. But if you tells the reason of refuse, that would be easy for beginars like me

Quote Originally Posted by mran Log in to see links
    You know, when ye upload, the moderators will refuse the files. Its because there is some guidelines are violated. But if you tells the reason of refuse, that would be easy for beginars like me
    Your refused files do have stated a reason why they got refused!
    Read this post:
    http://forum.mobiles24.com/showpost....&postcount=157

For any questions regarding uploads feel free to post here (I see You already did!):
    http://forum.mobiles24.com/showthread.php?t=6405