Page 2 of 57 First 12341252 ... Last
Results 11 to 20 of 570
  1. #11
    Site Moderator
    11,251 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Android Contributor Theme Contributor Video Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Liked (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,426
    Thanks
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t-mac2008 View Post
    OK but is there any chance of adding .mp4 support because they have better quality and just put the same limit it for them as for 3gp
    better quality means huge size same as 3gp.
    But i agree that there should be different res sizes.

  2. #12
    494 RP
    Sephiroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Greece
    Posts
    418
    Thanks
    5

    Default

    Well I have already sugested this to Karl, but think it would be good to share my idea with you too...I've seen this feature in other sites... Getting awards for your uploads (like small trophies in your stats) if you have a lot of posts or have a lot uploads or for being very popular among the people in the forum or for being a good supporter/clean/good member

    I don't know I think it will mak the thing alitle interesting

  3. #13
    Banned
    30 RP

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,761
    Thanks
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    better quality means huge size same as 3gp.
    But i agree that there should be different res sizes.
    not necessarily
    because mostly .mp4 size of video is equal to .3gp
    i even had .mp4 video that lasted 4 min. and was 0.5 MB in size

  4. #14
    Site Moderator
    11,251 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Android Contributor Theme Contributor Video Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Liked (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,426
    Thanks
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Well I have already sugested this to Karl, but think it would be good to share my idea with you too...I've seen this feature in other sites... Getting awards for your uploads (like small trophies in your stats) if you have a lot of posts or have a lot uploads or for being very popular among the people in the forum or for being a good supporter/clean/good member

    I don't know I think it will mak the thing alitle interesting
    it sounds good we could have something like a member of the month thread where the best poster of that month/uploads wins a star or something

  5. #15
    494 RP
    Sephiroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Greece
    Posts
    418
    Thanks
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    it sounds good we could have something like a member of the month thread where the best poster of that month/uploads wins a star or something
    Yeah something like that would be good too!!!

  6. #16
    Site Contributor
    1,639 RP
    Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Liked (Bronze)
    Yuros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    0

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    it sounds good we could have something like a member of the month thread where the best poster of that month/uploads wins a star or something
    It would be nice,i agree,but then it will be more and more useless threads and uploads,jus for the sake of posting and uploading,to get that reward...

  7. #17
    Site Contributor
    2,596 RP
    Contributor Java Contributor Ringtone Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze) Liked (Bronze)
    emil07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Romania
    Posts
    2,423
    Thanks
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Takes to much mb size also mp4 isnt really for mobiles, its for ipod
    Not really ... you just have to download Mp4 player from the software section
    i always use it because Sony Ericsson messed up with W910i's video drivers

  8. #18
    Site Moderator
    11,251 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Android Contributor Theme Contributor Video Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Liked (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,426
    Thanks
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuros View Post
    It would be nice,i agree,but then it will be more and more useless threads and uploads,jus for the sake of posting and uploading,to get that reward...
    true but the member of the months could go on the following..

    Most log-ins
    Most active member
    Most useful/helpful posts
    Best uploads for that month
    Best suggestions
    Variety of topics

    this works on a darts forum am on, winner wins a t shirt from admin ive won it once
    maybe mark can give the winner a mobile phone
    na joking but its for fun and might get people getting more involved for the member of the month.

  9. #19
    Site Moderator
    11,251 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Android Contributor Theme Contributor Video Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Liked (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,426
    Thanks
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emil07 View Post
    Not really ... you just have to download Mp4 player from the software section
    i always use it because Sony Ericsson messed up with W910i's video drivers
    it works on mobile yes but its an ipod format

  10. #20
    Administrator
    25,978 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Confirmed Android Artist Android Contributor Java Contributor Confirmed Symbian Artist Confirmed Theme Artist Confirmed Wallpaper Artist Ringtone Contributor Video Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Liked (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,149
    Thanks
    382

    Default

    Thanks for all of your suggestions guys.

    I won't give too much away, but our next feature relates to members uploads.

    MP4 videos will be available in the near future.

    We'd like to have something like Member of the month awards, but unlike the automated process of tracking uploads, all posts and threads would have to manually tracked and read, which would be difficult. However, we could possibly have a new title for members who can be "regularly" seen creating helpful topics / tutorials and posts in the forum.

Page 2 of 57 First 12341252 ... Last