Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t-mac2008 Log in to see links
    OK but is there any chance of adding .mp4 support because they have better quality and just put the same limit it for them as for 3gp
    better quality means huge size same as 3gp.
    But i agree that there should be different res sizes.

2. Default

Well I have already sugested this to Karl, but think it would be good to share my idea with you too...I've seen this feature in other sites... Getting awards for your uploads (like small trophies in your stats) if you have a lot of posts or have a lot uploads or for being very popular among the people in the forum or for being a good supporter/clean/good member

I don't know I think it will mak the thing alitle interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    better quality means huge size same as 3gp.
    But i agree that there should be different res sizes.
    not necessarily
    because mostly .mp4 size of video is equal to .3gp
    i even had .mp4 video that lasted 4 min. and was 0.5 MB in size

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth Log in to see links
    Well I have already sugested this to Karl, but think it would be good to share my idea with you too...I've seen this feature in other sites... Getting awards for your uploads (like small trophies in your stats) if you have a lot of posts or have a lot uploads or for being very popular among the people in the forum or for being a good supporter/clean/good member

I don't know I think it will mak the thing alitle interesting
    it sounds good we could have something like a member of the month thread where the best poster of that month/uploads wins a star or something

5. Default

it sounds good we could have something like a member of the month thread where the best poster of that month/uploads wins a star or something
    Yeah something like that would be good too!!!

It would be nice,i agree,but then it will be more and more useless threads and uploads,jus for the sake of posting and uploading,to get that reward...

7. Default

Takes to much mb size also mp4 isnt really for mobiles, its for ipod
    Not really ... you just have to download Mp4 player from the software section
    i always use it because Sony Ericsson messed up with W910i's video drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Yuros Log in to see links
    It would be nice,i agree,but then it will be more and more useless threads and uploads,jus for the sake of posting and uploading,to get that reward...
    true but the member of the months could go on the following..

Most log-ins
    Most active member
    Most useful/helpful posts
    Best uploads for that month
    Best suggestions
    Variety of topics

this works on a darts forum am on, winner wins a t shirt from admin ive won it once
    maybe mark can give the winner a mobile phone
    na joking but its for fun and might get people getting more involved for the member of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by emil07 Log in to see links
    Not really ... you just have to download Mp4 player from the software section
    i always use it because Sony Ericsson messed up with W910i's video drivers
    it works on mobile yes but its an ipod format

Thanks for all of your suggestions guys.

I won't give too much away, but our next feature relates to members uploads.

MP4 videos will be available in the near future.

We'd like to have something like Member of the month awards, but unlike the automated process of tracking uploads, all posts and threads would have to manually tracked and read, which would be difficult. However, we could possibly have a new title for members who can be "regularly" seen creating helpful topics / tutorials and posts in the forum.